P3000WT - 1-5/8" x 1-3/8", 12 Gage, Slotted
Unistrut's P3000WT has wide slots on the back side for use with 5/8" threaded rod and fasteners. The wider slots are an advantage during installation, eliminating the need for field drilling traditional slotted channel while retaining the adjustability of traditional slotted channel.
This channel is commonly used for trapeze supports, anchoring to concrete, ceiling grids, pipe, conduit, duct and cable tray supports, racks, and other general framing. For application examples, refer to our Application Showcase. It has 85% of the capacity of the solid version of the profile.
Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 1 3/8" tall x 12 ga. thick; with wide slots. The slots are 11/16" wide x 2" long, 3" on center and sized for use with 5/8" threaded rod or fasteners.
Our P3000WT is available in the following finishes: Pre-Galvanized (PG), Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Plain (PL), Green (GR), Zinc Dichromate (ZD), Aluminum (EA), and Stainless Steel (SS & ST).
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
|Beam Loading - P3000WT|
Max Allow. Uniform Load
Deflection at Uniform Load
|Uniform Loading at Deflection||Lateral Bracing Reduction Factor|
|Note||NR - Not Recommended|
|Column Loading - P3000WT|
Allowable Load at Slot Face
|Max Column Load Applied at C.G.|
|K=0.65 (lbs)||K=0.80 (lbs)||K=1.0 (lbs)||K=1.2 (lbs)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P3000WT|
|Area of Section||0.500 in2 (3.2 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.120 in4 (5 cm4)||0.203 in4 (8.4 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.153 in3 (2.5 cm3)||0.250 in3 (4.1 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.489 in (1.2 cm)||0.638 in (1.6 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to UNISTRUT brand channel. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the product.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide.
- For bearing loads, reference our Bearing Loads Page.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.